Baudry Cass House
Between 1740 and 1750, Jean Baptiste Baudry built the first farmhouse west of Fort Ponchartrain. The one and a half story, pitched roof structure was built of cedar logs and covered with clapboards. The house also featured dormer windows and a large stone chimney.
Later residents of Baudry-Cass House included William Macomb, Oliver Newberry, and General Lewis Cass.
In 1836, Baudry-Cass House was moved to north Larned Street where it stood until it was demolished in 1882.